Based on the recommendations given by the University of Zagreb Crisis Headquarters at the 11th March 2020 session, rector Professor Damir Boras, Ph. D. has issued Instructions on management for the University of Zagreb constituent units regarding the epidemiological situation of COVID-19.
Instructions for the University of Zagreb constituent units
To all University of Zagreb constituent units
According to Article 13 of the Statute of the University of Zagreb, and the recommendations given by the University of Zagreb Crisis Headquarters at the 11th March 2020 session, the rector issues
Instructions on Management
1. Due to the worsening of the COVID-19 epidemiological situation, all activities not directly related to classes are postponed. (https://www.hzjz.hr/priopcenja-mediji/koronavirus-najnoviji-podatci/)
2. All employees of the University or its constituent units that have travelled outside of Croatia in the last 14 days are obligated to contact the administration and remain in self-isolation for a period of time during which they will be working from home (totalling 14 days following their return). In the case of symptom development during self-isolation, employees are obligated to contact the Supervisory Epidemiologist according to the instructions of the Croatian Institute of Public Health - CIPH. (https://www.hzjz.hr/aktualnosti/brojevi-telefona-hzjz-na-temu-koronavirusa/)
3. The constituent units' administrations are instructed to report to the administration of the University and deliver a record of all students in self-isolation on a daily basis via e-mail: rector@ unizg.hr
4. All students that have travelled outside of Croatia in the last 14 days are obligated to contact their vice-dean for education and students, and remain in self-isolation (for a period of 14 days following their return). In the case of symptom development during self-isolation, students are obligated to contact the Supervisory Epidemiologist according to CIPH instructions. (https://www.hzjz.hr/aktualnosti/brojevi-telefona-hzjz-na-temu-koronavirusa/)
5. Student absence from classes will be excused by a special ruling of the Rector or deans of the University of Zagreb constituent units.
6. Employees and students that are suffering from chronic diseases (corroborated with the appropriate documentation) or are pregnant are advised to remain at home and work from home for a period of 14 days following the issuing of these instructions, in accordance with the administration or the relevant vice-dean, as appropriate.
7. University of Zagreb is ready to, on short notice, suspend all direct contact classes and issue definite resolutions on that matter in accordance with the Civil Protection Headquarters of the Republic of Croatia.
Note: University of Zagreb has about 66,000 students and 9500 teachers/employees/associates and sees their protection as paramount.
Recommendation: Student halls of residence are obligated to raise the hygienic conditions to the highest level and facilitate the availability of disinfectants. Constituent units are obligated to ensure the availability of disinfectants, and organise enhanced facility disinfections.
Professor Damir Boras, Ph. D.