Centre for advanced academic studies Dubrovnik, University of Zagreb
Centre for Advanced Academic Studies - Dubrovnik (CAAS) is a detached unit of the University of Zagreb founded with the following aims:
- to facilitate and promote all forms of post-graduate studies
- to facilitate and promote academic activities in various fields of science and advanced education in forms of specialized courses, summer schools, conferences, brainstorm meetings and other similar academic activities
- to maintain and strengthen the international academic frameworks which bring together experts in various fields; in addition, special attention is to be given to the underrepresented areas of interest and appropriate programmes are to be established when needed
- to induce timely exposure of young scientists, beginners in various fields and university teachers to the cutting edge of respected subjects, leading them immediately into the very focus of the latest academic achievements
- to facilitate the processes through which the national academic comes into the focus of international interest
- to establish relevant credited courses that attract students at various levels of degree-aimed education
- to boost a competitive academic spirit which can bridge and harmonize various inherited approaches of the European university tradition
- to stimulate continuous higher education and lifelong learning as a reliable force of social cohesion
Full info on the current programme available under http://www.caas.unizg.hr/events.php.
Examples of the most popular programmes: European Studies, Environmental Management, Language Communication and Cognitive Neuroscience, MBA in Construction, Zagreb School of Slavic Studies etc.
Working facilities and equipment
- conference hall with equipment for simultaneous translation, sound system and possibility of audio recording
- lecture rooms with supporting technical devices and assistance (video-data projector, overhead projector, dia projector, projection screen, flip chart, video recorder, TV monitor, CD player, PC, Internet, copy machine, fax machine)
- computer room
- coffee shop
Participants can be accommodated in the new dormitory that consists of 38 single and double rooms (each with bathroom, air condition, phone and Internet).